Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Shopping for maternity clothes...

This is for dr. jeeeol;>

I hate to tell you, but I don't have favorite maternity stores. I have been everywhere (and looked at many websites) that I can think of that carries maternity clothes this time around trying to create my maternity wardrobe. It hasn't been very easy. I don't know if I was less picky last time, or if the selections available were better, or if it was just that I didn't need much variety (previous company had more lenient dress code back then, meaning denim was acceptable all week long), but I have had a hard time finding things I like this time.

I've gotten a lot of things from JCPenny, Motherhood, and imaternity.com (meaning spent $150 or more with them). Next up would be Burlington (great tops there), Old Navy, Ross, Kohl's, and even Walmart. A lot of people love to mention Target for maternity clothes, but I've never had luck there...this time or last. I bought one top there this time, which was a polo shirt because I was looking for this type of shirt at the time.

It's also going to depend on the time of year you're shopping. A lot of the stuff I love right now that is out there is not suitable for work because it is tank top (thin strap) style.

I also got a dress from Mimi Maternity because it was cute and on a great sale. I really like the stuff they have as well as A Pea in the Pod, but they are not that great for prices.

7 comments:

STA said...

Try the Gap, although it may be similar to JCPennys and Kohls. The problem with online stores is that you can't try on the outfit. All pregnant women wear maternity clothes differently and should have the option to look in a mirror before purchasing. There is absolutely no reason you can't be pregnant and beautiful at the same time. Good luck!

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

I had forgotten about Gap. Probably because they don't have a Gap Maternity near me, and I don't think I bothered to check their website for stuff yet.

Online shopping is hard, but I've had more good buys than bad with it...I'm not that hard to fit other than pants being too long sometimes, which is why I avoid buying those online;> I'm not afraid to return, either, so that helps, too.

Dr.Jeeeol said...

Such good information :)

Jomama said...

I was at the Banana Republic at the Williamsburg outlets a few weeks ago and they had this really pretty dress on clearance. I tried it on and it looked like a maternity dress on me. I was so mad that I couldn't have found that dress a year ago. It may still be there. The outlets also have a Motherhood Maternity store. If you want I could see if I have any stuff left of my own (I lent most of my stuff to a coworker who is due next month).

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

Outlets, here I come;>

Jomama, if you've got stuff, let me know.

Kim said...

I just loved Motherhood and Pea in the Pod. They were better for my work clothes. Everyday stuff for around the house, ehhh, go Walmart. Don't spend a ton of cash on stuff you "may" use for 6 months, unless you plan on another one.

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»