Monday, July 24, 2006

"It" is still an "it" for now...

Appointment today went well. I was right about how far along I was...guess I'm pretty in-tune with my body now;> The ultrasound dates me at just over 14.5 to nearly 15 weeks, and I had thought I was in the 14-15 week range. This gives me a due date of January 16th, but since it is very likely I'll be having a planned c-section again, chances are likely that baby will be delivered, at the latest, within a week of that and definitely not going past that...they really try to avoid having women planning c-sections go into labor, too many possibilities for complications that way. Kind of funny that my boys share a birthday with my stepdad, and this one will be very close to the birthdays of both my stepsister (1/18) and NS's sister (1/20). NS was pretty happy about the experience this morning and is pretty excited as is his mom. We didn't get to hear the heartbeat like I thought, but that should definitely happen at the next appointment and all the ones after that.

Here are the blurry ultrasound pics from this morning...

First is just a head and body side-view (actually they're all side-views)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Next is what I call the "chicken-leg shot"
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And last is the cute little profile shot with a hand (it is much clearer in person)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

9 comments:

Eunice said...

Now that I know what to look for in these things, i can actually see everything!

*girl vibes* for your next appointment!

Jomama said...

Those are some pretty clear pictures. That's cool. Why wouldn't they let you listen to the heartbeat, though?

GA girl said...

Very exciting! Although, I have to say, if we did not have pics of the legs in the second photo, I'd think you're baby was missing them based on the third one!

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

Thanks, eunice;>

Jomama, it wasn't that she wouldn't let us listen. She just didn't bring the doppler out, and I forgot to ask while I was there. I forgot everything I wanted to ask while I was there...way too excited about the ultrasound, I guess;>

GA Girl, I know exactly what you mean. The other two pics with no legs look very suspicious;>

Dr.Jeeeol said...

How cute is Jomama's pic!?

Cool ultrasound pics man!
When will you know what it is?

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

Dr. Jeeeol, I forgot that part didn't I? The next ultrasound will be September 13th, and as long as baby isn't shy, then we should know then.

Sarah said...

those ultrasound pics are pretty incredible....dare i say that they give the "sex" of this baby away just a little.

I am so so so happy for you! Tell NS he is up next!

Johnny said...

its a girl!!!

how would i know?

Kimmer said...

I am putting money on a boy. Hoping for a girl for ya, but I would have to guess boy from what I know about these, unless I need to clean my glasses...hmmm!