Saturday, July 08, 2006

I'm feeling like a lucky lady...

NS has definitely been living up to his "Navy Sweetie" name;>

Last night, we went out for dinner with the boys and then back to my apartment. While I got the boys bathed and ready for bed, he did all the cleaning that I don't ever get to anymore because I'm just too tired after the boys get to bed during the week. He picked up all the toys that were on the floor in their room as well as the miscellaneous stuff all over the rest of the place. He then vacuumed the carpet and even steam-cleaned the living room and its high-traffic areas. After all that, he still put in a mighty effort to scrub the marker off the wall next to the kitchen. A lot of it came off, but there is still some there. I really don't think it's coming off; it's gonna have to be repainted;> We then relaxed on the couch watching I, Robot, and he snuggled his head against my tummy and eventually drifted off to sleep.

This morning he had me lay on the couch and rest since the boys had gotten up at 6 this morning, and I had gotten up to keep them out of trouble around 6:45. Before he left, he even told the boys to let me have a relaxing day;>

I went to my grandparents' house with the boys and my mom and stepdad this afternoon, so the boys could go swimming, and then we stayed through dinner. As I get home, he calls. He's hanging out with some friends, and they're going to go see the Pirate movie tonight at 10:30 or so. I, being extremely exhausted, kind of start whining about wanting to see it. After unsuccessfully trying to convince me that I can come with them, he assures me that he will still see it with me, tomorrow if I want. That is fine with me; I know I'm just sort of over-exaggerating since I'm deliriously tired, but I guess he didn't get that from me. He sends me a text message a few minutes later apologizing because he didn't know it would matter so much and that he figured he would see it with me no matter what. I had to let him know that it really is fine and that he shouldn't really take me too seriously when I'm that tired. Poor guy...probably thought I was upset and hurt when I'm really just so tired that I don't really know what I'm saying;>

Oh, and isn't he sweet...he even bought himself a baby book;>

3 comments:

Eunice said...

Finally catching up on blogs...Congratulations!!! :) There is something in the water, I tell you.

I will be sending little girl vibes your way!

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

Thank you...and I can't believe you've been able to keep up your own blog right now, let alone read anyone esle's;>

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»