Thursday, June 15, 2006

Yep, had to be the cold...

Today, I had an all-day training session at a different building from where I usually work. They have the normal cool temperature there, not the human-popsicle creating one like in my office. Guess what? I was alert today. I didn't feel as though I had to hold my eyelids open by the end of the day (not that I would be able to do that since my fingers would be frozen to my eyelids if I were to try). What else? My stomach felt normal like it hasn't since Sunday. I had a normal appetitite; I ate a snack and lunch and was actually hungry for dinner when I left. It was such an amazing change.

I guess I'll really be able to make a full assessment when I return to my office tomorrow, where the climate is very likely to have not been changed. If it hasn't and I start feeling the same effects, then the electric blanket is definitely going to be the first thing I buy, and I will begin working non-electronically as much as possible and just stay in the breakroom. They simply cannot demand that I stay in my office and torture my body...afterall that isn't going to produce any better work results from me.

3 comments:

Glass Slipper said...

Does your job allow a little space heater? My office use to be like a meat locker, so I bought one of those and it did the trick.

Eunice said...

One of my former coworkers said something once about the office temperature and that people are most productive when it's 78 degrees in the office, summer or winter, doesn't matter.

Maybe you can conduct a personal study for us!

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»