Thursday, June 01, 2006

What a pleasant (and much-needed) surprise...

Tuesday night, as I start removing my boys from my car in the parking lot of our apartment building, I get a call from NS. Being as he is on a submarine, this does not happen while he is actually out at sea. Since I don't recall them having any plans to pull into port while they were out, I was very surprised to hear that ring on my phone...and a huge grin, probably goofy-huge, formed on my face as I answered.

He only had a few minutes to talk before he had to go back and finish his work, but he called to inform me that they were in port and would be able to leave the boat from 8-11 that night if I wanted to come by his place to see him while he got new clothes and some more books and other stuff. Seriously?!? Yes;>

So, I get the boys and myself up to the apartment. This needed to be accomplished pronto because a fight had erupted between them over a toothbrush...please don't judge too harshly; yes, they get excited over toothbrushes and books and the alphabet and numbers and shapes; I already know they are likely to be nerds if they inherit my intelligence, but they will be cute nerds, so I'm not worried about it. Once safely inside and having a toothbrush for both M and J to hold, I call my mom to see if she can come over for a few hours so I can go see NS while he's here. She can and does;>

As much as I love email, it was so nice to be able to actually have a face-to-face conversation with him again. Of course, the close physical proximity was necessary for other parts of me in need of care, and I was simply over-joyed that I didn't have to wait until they come back on the 12th to get taken care of;>

No comments: