Thursday, June 01, 2006

Not safe for viewing if you are easily frightened...

This is a pic from my scrapbook of the last day I was pregnant. Skyqueen made the comment about the deja vu pic on the last post about my probably feeling as though my belly was as big as that dragon egg...I believe that pic proves that it wasn't just a feeling;>

I was not a cute pregnant lady. I was enormous (belly and otherwise) and had been on bed rest for over two months. I did not fit into maternity clothes for at least the last month of my pregnancy, not that it was really necessary since I wasn't really permitted to leave the house with the exception of doctor's appointments. That shirt was an XL and clearly did not even come close to fitting. But, I can honestly say that every pound and every inch of that belly doesn't bother me at all because I know it helped bring my boys safely into this world when I was told my goal was to keep them in until 34 weeks so we didn't have to deliver at the hospital with the more advanced neo-natal intensive care unit...just for the record, they were forceably removed 1 day past 37 weeks since no further in utero incubation was necessary;>

6 comments:

Dr.Jeeeol said...

No way is that picture real. Are you serious? Props to you! Your body has totally bounced back. How much pregnancy weight did you gain? Was it a C section? What'd the boys weigh?
I can't even imagine.
Schnikes thats cool!

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

I gained 70 pounds during pregnancy.

Yes, they were c-section because J would have come out first and was breech...being that M was not breech, it could have been a life-threatening situation for them without the c-section.

J was 7 lbs, 2 oz
M was 5 lbs, 6 oz

By the way, I'm pretty sure GA Girl can vouch for the picture being real;>

Jomama said...

Everytime I try to leave a comment here, the page doesn't load and I have to go back and my comment is gone. GRRRRRRRR.

I'll just say that that picture is amazing. My back hurts just looking at it. I admire you :)

GA girl said...

Oh yeah. You were a house, but a really comfy one with nice furniture and...No clue where I was going with that, but you were big. but now you are SKINNY, which is wrong since you are smaller now than beofre you got pregnant. You and Tanya both. You going to her wedding? Let me know if you want to talk about splitting a room or something.

Skyqueen said...

OMG!! If I could type that in letter that came off the page I would! Holy....I don't even know what? I'm bow down to you!!! I can't even imagine! 70 lbs and now look at you!! AMAZING!! you're FANTASTIC! Now we want you to post about how you LOST the weight! GOOD FOR YOU!

I really liked your comment about how you didn't care b/c it got the boys here safe. Ohhh that made me all mushy!

I just can't say enough about what a bad ass you are!! DAMN WOMEN!

PS--we need to see some more SEXY SPD's to follow that prego- shot. YOU GO!

Eunice said...

Holy moly. Now I really feel like a jerk for assuming this other lady was having twins the other day...

I don't think it's possible to be cute when there are two full-size babies in your belly.