Monday, April 24, 2006

My how things change with age...

Yesterday I went to Busch Gardens with NS and a rather sizeable group of his friends from work, some with their significant others. We naturally decided that before anything else, we had to sign-up for Beer School to get free samples of beer. What better way for me to figure out if I still hate beer as much as I always have;>

Well, I don't. Some were still awful...the aged Budweiser (yuck), Bud Light (eww), Budweiser Select (ugh), and Michelob Ultra (ick) all fell into that category for me. But, I actually liked the fresh Budweiser and the BE, which was nicely berry-flavored and had caffeine. I wished they would've let us choose the six we wanted to try because I would have picked some different ones, like Michelob Honey Lager and the seasonal ale.

Now, I'm an honorary brewmaster (how that's possible from what we learned, I will never understand), and I can be a much cheaper date when alcohol's involved...margarita's aren't usually cheap, and forget the mixed drink prices! Not to say that I prefer beer by any means, but at least I know I can down one without gagging;>

3 comments:

Skyqueen said...

When I was in CO I went to the Coors brewery. The only good thing about that was Coors also makes ZEMA (who knew), my favorite "cheap" drink.

mmmmm sprite flavored booze.

KUYA 180 said...

Ever try San Miguel beer???

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

kuya, I haven't tried that one. I will probably try to broaden my beer horizons now that I know I can stand it;>