Thursday, March 09, 2006

Better news....

I will officially begin working again on the 20th. Hopefully I will enjoy this job. It's odd that so many people are fed up with their jobs (poor Danielle is about ready to go postal on her employer), or are at least wishing something was different (like my mom stressing over the fact that her job is strictly commission-based and unreliable), and I'm actually feeling good about this prospect. The pay was more than what I needed (although a bit lower than I thought they would offer after researching the salaries for that job title in this area) and more than I was making with my last job, so I feel like I've taken a step up, which is the best way to go. The only thing I have left to do is take a drug test today. I had planned to do that yesterday, but I had an offer on my FL house come in Tuesday night and spent the greater part of my afternoon yesterday getting faxes and reviewing/filling out paperwork and then faxing everything back so that she could fax it all to the buyer's realtor by 5pm. Around 4pm, though, another offer was made. This was a better offer as far as numbers are concerned, but both buyers are self-employed and are seeking 100% financing, so it may be more difficult for them to actually qualify, which means the contract may not go through. I told her to go ahead with accepting the first offer (although we did raise the price by a couple grand), so if they were alright with the changes we made to the price and the few other minor adjustments and fill-in-the-blanks that we actually filled in with numbers, then the sale of my house should close in the next few weeks, provided an inspection and appraisal gets completed fairly soon...and I will really be on my way to a new start;>

2 comments:

Kim said...

I work in mortgage finance. 100% financing for self employed borrowers is very easy to obtain. You should have no problem selling the house.

Jomama said...

congrats on the new job and I hope you close on your house soon. good for you :)