Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Well, that didn't work out as I'd hoped...

My interview seemed to go well yesterday. At the end, she asked if it would be alright to call me back that afternoon if there was a position to offer me. I said that would be fine. I didn't hear back from her. At nearly 6pm, I get a call from the lady whose daughter was supposed to be helping get me the job. She was wondering why I cancelled my interview. I explained that I didn't cancel but had to reschedule (the interview lady was told that my flight was delayed on Monday and I would be on a plane at the time of the originally scheduled interview). She said she would call her daughter and have her call me. I talked to the daughter while on my way to meet NS for dinner. She said she would talk to her director to explain that the interview had just been rescheduled and was done that afternoon and that I should hear back today. Well, I did hear back today, but it was to say that they couldn't offer me the position because they are looking specifically for people that have technical help desk experience. I don't believer her because she said that the reason that she didn't call me last night was because she got caught up in a fire drill...lie. If that was really the case for not hiring me, they shouldn't have put me through the testing and background check and the interview...afterall, they've had the information on my resume from the very beginning, although everyone seems to overlook the fact that the online application requires that resume information to be submitted. She even went through my resume in detail with me on the phone, so if that was the real reason they couldn't hire me, I shouldn't have had to wait for a call back, in my opinion. It just seems that since they've already put some expense into thus far, it couldn't have hurt them to put me in the training class to see how I do...they could have failed me after training if I wasn't up to par. Since this job seemed to have such good benefits, I was initially quite upset about this, but as usual, I have decided that it is for the best and that it may have been a job (or more likely, a company) that I didn't like. Now, my mom has gotten the name of a head-hunter from one of her co-workers that is supposed to be really good and will tell me honestly if he can't place me and help lead me in the right direction. So, the hunt is back on...I just wish I hadn't wasted so much time jumping through their hoops to have them delay so long to say what they could have said in the beginning.

2 comments:

GA girl said...

It'll work out for the best. I know that's hard to swallow, especially when you are facing a disappointment, but in time, it'll be okay.

Danielle said...

everything happens for a reason, it could have been a blessing in disguise!