Thursday, January 05, 2006

Let the countdown begin...

My divorce hearing is scheduled for 9 a.m. Thursday, January 19th!

This date has been pushed for the third time now. First date was to be today, but my attorney's secretary failed to tell me that she needed more money from me to file the paperwork. She claims to have called and left two messages, but I never received them. So, I paid the additinal $363 for the filing costs and the paperwork was sent via courier to the courthouse. So, the hearing should have been able to be done next Thursday, the 12th. I get a call today saying that the clerk of court took his sweet time actually filing the paperwork and it didn't get dated until 12/27, which means the earliest I can have my hearing is the 18th. This wouldn't be so much of an issue except that I am trying to coincide this hearing trip with other people that will be helping me get my house ready to put on the market, and I had already made reservations and booked a flight for next week since she told me that the filing takes 2-3 days from when they get it...it took over a week. I've changed all my reservations, but I hope that this next weekend will still be convenient for everyone else.

So...I will be divorced in 14 days!!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow, here's to the two week countdown!! Not sre how u feel about it, but I just hope your happy!

honkeie2 said...

ssssshhhh dont tell my lawyer! Its been four years since my divorce and I still owe a couple of thousand to him. I have moved since then muahahahhaahhaahahahahah. God I hate lawyers

Anonymous said...

Lucky guy, he'll finally be rid of his skanky wife!