Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I guess he's trying, but it just ain't working...

IFKAMH is trying to be nice. He is having some new tires delivered to me in VA because I need them. I also got a bouquet of flowers on Friday. I'm not really impressed by flowers that much. I think they are way too expensive for something that doesn't last very long. I would much rather have had the money he spent on them than the sentiment he tried to convey with them...I guess he forgot that flowers are not a big win for me. It was a little different when we were in FL and you could get a dozen or two roses for $5 because that is a small amount of money for something so pretty, but spending $40-50 on a bouquet being delivered to me seems incredibly pointless. Anyhow, he keeps trying to convince me that I should trust him and that he knows he's screwed up so he would never do it again. I see it as though he would feel that he got away with it once and could again...that's why we can't work things out. I cannot get over the fact that he had so many opportunities to work things out while I was willing, but he squandered them as though I would always be willing despite my telling him differently. I am perfectly capable of allowing him to be a father to the boys and will be amiable towards him, but I do not feel loving feelings for him anymore and will never trust him again. He actually told me yesterday that he hasn't had sex with anyone else...I absolutely, positively do NOT buy that for even half a second. He lives with another woman (one that he chose to move closer to over moving back in with his wife, who was still trying to have sex with him for a few weeks at least) for six, seven, eight, or more months, but he's never had sex with her...riiight;>

5 comments:

b.tate said...

you seem bitter.

GA girl said...

Well, he is a dumbass. We know this. And Btate, when a man you have planned a future with up and deserts you and your twin infants for a stewardess, bitter doesn't quite cover it. Cheating is never okay, but what he did to the boys really takes the cake. Abandoning a wife, bad. Abandoning your kids, unforgivable. It's like a new Visa commercial...

Eunice said...

I don't get it...he has had almost a year to make things right with you. You gave him chance after chance for him to show you that he was sorry and wanted to work on things. And now that it's all said and done, he's trying to woo (no pun intended) you again? He really is an idiot.

I am glad to hear that you have a bright future with a nice man to look forward to. :)

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

I don't think I'm bitter. I'm rather happy right now with the exception of worrying about getting a job that will actually make money and not cost me money;> I feel I'm just realistic and quite grateful to have made the right decision when it comes to this man...and am amused at how he keeps managing to prove to me how right my decision was.

wise.monkee said...

Rules one in life:
Exes never realize what they had until someone else has it ;)