Tuesday, December 27, 2005

And we made it through Christmas 2005...

Hope everyone has had a wonderful winter holiday.

We had my stepdad's family over here on Christmas Eve. Dinner was ham, turkey, dressing, greenbean casserole (yippee!), sweet potato casserole, corn salad (really delicious), mashed potatoes with gravy, and mashed rutabaga. I was thoroughly stuffed to capacity with one serving...had to wait at least three hours before thinking about dessert;> Most of the adults did a couple of shots. Stepdad called them "orgasms", but that may not be the correct name. They had coffee liquor (like Kahlua), some kind of butterscotch-tasting liquor, vodka, and french vanilla creamer...not in that order, and I'm about 98% sure that was everything. I took mine like a shot as I was supposed to...yummy with a warm-feeling after-effect. Navy sweetie (who will now be called NS for simplicity's sake) came by just as people started leaving. It was very strange with the timing of it all...who has a party that is over in two hours when it started at 3 in the afternoon (especially when we just did some shots half an hour before)?!? He and I exchanged our Christmas presents. I got him a blue sweater from Express. I had the hardest time finding what I wanted. I knew I wanted to get him a sweater, either green or blue. I found some that I just loved but couldn't find in his size, so I ended up at Express and originally had the sweater in gray but exchanged it at a different mall for the blue. He also got me a sweater...a cream-colored Banana Republic cashmere sweater. This is ironic to me because a few days before we settled on the idea of exchanging presents he had gone shopping with one of his friends, who needed to get his wife something. We discussed the shopping trip the night of (that was the ice-skating night;>). His friend was looking at the cashmere sweaters for his wife but ended up getting an angora one instead because it was softer and about $30 cheaper. NS said that the cashmere just didn't seem special enough for the price-tag...yet this is what he decides to get me;> I remember clearly agreeing with him on the decision for angora over cashmere and cashmere not being worth its expensiveness, even elaborating on the fact that I'd owned angora sweaters myself that were wonderfully soft. I couldn't help but wonder what the message was supposed to be - You like me more than your friend likes his wife? or Simply trying to buy the best as he would for himself...that's probably really what was going on, but it still seems very funny to me;> At any rate, I am sure he spent at least double what I spent on his (which was nearly double what I had wanted to spend), and that just seems like a lot for someone he's been dating for like 6 weeks...maybe, I really think it's more like 5. Anyway...Christmas day was a whirlwind of sorts. Presents at home in morning, more presents at home with stepsister in afternoonm, then even more presents and dinner at my grandma's house. Boys got a ton of stuff and actually got tired of opening gifts during the morning session, so I had to unwrap for them as well as me...could certainly think of worse problems to have;>

So, here are some pictures of M and J over the Christmas weekend.

First...the reindeer
J
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
M
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

A very unenthusiastic santa child (M)...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The Fisher Price Pop-Onz (way more fun than Legos, in my opinion) Engineer (J)...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And finally, two of the coolest toddlers ever...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Sounds like a really nice time. Those boys are too cute!!

Anonymous said...

Poor boys, they have no idea what a skank of a mother they have.

dian decante said...

they are so cute. hi from washington