Sunday, November 27, 2005

Wish me luck...

I have my third test for the Verizon job tomorrow morning. It is supposed to be a customer support role-play test, which should be easy for me as long as it is not job-specific customer support;> I printed some stuff I found online about network troubleshooting to study, but after reading through the overview I'm not sure how much it's really going to relate to the job for Verizon, so the studying may not really do me much good tomorrow should the test involve actual network troubleshooting examples. Can't hurt, though.

I didn't get the job that needed the background check. The background check was for government security clearance, and they apparently frown upon financial difficulties, regardless of the reason. Another reason for me to not be nice to IFKAMH. If not for his life crisis (I would say mid-life since that's really what it seemed like, but I'm not sure he's really old enough for that...but maybe his body knows he'll be gone before 60, who knows?), I wouldn't have not been able to pay those bills nor would I ever have had to consider filing bankruptcy in order to feel like I could support myself and my children without him. Sad that something like that would ruin my chances for a job that he felt I was otherwise qualified for, but I guess everything happens for a reason, and it really wasn't the job for me. So, now I really want to get this Verizon job more than ever...wish me luck;>

1 comment:

Danielle said...

GOOD LUCK !! GOOD LUCK !! GOOD LUCK !! GOOD LUCK !! GOOD LUCK !! GOOD LUCK !! GOOD LUCK !! GOOD LUCK !! GOOD LUCK !! GOOD LUCK !! GOOD LUCK !! GOOD LUCK !! GOOD LUCK !!