Thursday, November 17, 2005

No, no, just no...not going to work at the funeral home

After the interview this morning, I've decided I definitely cannot pursue that job. I think it would be a very emotionally-draining job for me, and I'm not willing to put myself through the torture. I am way too happy and smiley of a person to deal with death every day. I also get a little emotional around emotional people, especially when there is a loss of a loved one involved. I remember a time when my mom was working in the hospital and I went with her to pick up something. I was in the family waiting area. There was a young man's family there that was waiting to hear news of his condition. I recall how positive they all were and the comments they made about him pulling through and everything being okay...and then I remember over-hearing the doctor just outside the waiting room as my mom and I left preparing to tell them that he didn't pull through. I cried on the ride down in the elevator just thinking of how devastating that news would be for his family. I could never deal with that kind of emotion every day...never.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

oh hell no!!! me either!!! that would just make me depressed in a funeral home, hell I ain't all giddy as it is!!!! Have a great weekend woo!

Missalove said...

I can honestly say I am releived you didn't take that job. I don't see how anyone with anykind of emotion could. So yay about that.

Eunice said...

Good good!! You would not have liked that job, you are way too positive for something like that. Honestly, I think a job like that is fit for a recluse.

I once worked for the county health department, and one of our branches was the county morgue. I had to work over there for a week and it was the most creepy, disturbing week ever. Including the time that the mortician's assistant and I dropped one of the bodies out of a freezer. It was then that I learned how the meaning of the phrase "dead weight" came to be.

T Fan said...

Great blog.. that would be, uh, creepy!