Thursday, September 22, 2005

We all know why I quit the job last week...

The veterinarian that owns the animal hospital called me last Friday to find out my side of the story since, in his own words, "{OM} sometimes twists thing to have a different meaning"...why is he allowing this woman to manage his office?!?

I explained to him the same reasons that I had given OM. He understood my point of view but did not whole-heartedly agree...so, still not the place for me to work. He did tell me that OM had basically told him that I quit because I blamed getting sick on the fact that they share phones. Hmmm, interesting take on all the stuff I told her. I did tell him that the concern about sharing things like computers and phones in the office was brought up because it would generate a vicious cycle of sickness, causing me to miss even more work, but that was not the root of my reason for quitting. Apparently, he hadn't thought so and wanted to hear it from me. He did say that he was sorry to see me go because I had caught on more quickly than any other receptionist they've had working there...I know this is true because that is what I do. I didn't put that wonderful skill on my resume for nothing; unfortunately, I don't think most employers fully grasp my knack for picking up new skills and information quickly and putting them to use almost immediately until they have me in the job...their loss really.

On a bit of a job side note, that career quiz I posted last week might have been accurate. I have been giving some heavy consideration to getting back in school to get a psychology degree and using it to become a counselor or a teacher...eerie, uh?

3 comments:

Buffalo said...

That would be absolutely outstanding. Go for it, girl!

GA girl said...

You should apply to substitue teach for the city before persuing that degree. You are qualified for it, and all you have to do is fill out the application and when they contact you go through the drug screening and background check. Go for it!

Skyqueen said...

All I can say is that I'll be right behind you when I quit Pier 1. That job sux ass and the pay is SO bad. They seem to like that fact that I do have a brain though. Much like you found. Makes me wonder WTF is wrong with the rest of these people. Hang in there, it was a good choice!!