Monday, September 26, 2005

Strike one...

I spoke to Air Force drummer this afternoon on the phone (don't worry, I called him, not the other way around...and I did remember to *67). The conversation was simple and easy. He heard M and J in the background, so I told him about the boys. He seemed a bit surprised at first but not put off. He even wanted to see if we could meet up on Wednesday for lunch, or maybe drinks (he didn't make it clear), at a Mexican restaurant near me since he would be in the area visiting his mom. He asked if I would call him back tonight after they were down, and I said sure. He gave the thoughtful response of he couldn't call me because he didn't have my number but didn't want me to do anything I wasn't comfortable with, which I thanked him for. Sounds pretty decent, huh?

Well, I call him around 9pm tonight. He said he didn't think I was going to call because it was so late. I guess he figured that the boys bedtime of 8pm meant I went to bed at 8:15 or something...or that they are so exhausting that I can't keep myself awake for an hour after they're asleep. Night time is my time, and I'm usually up until midnight, at least. Anyway, we barely started talking when he said, "Dang it! I've got to g[line goes dead]". Not quite sure what the rest of that sentence was going to be...sounded like a "get" but seems like a "go". I called back a few minutes later thinking maybe it isn't what I'm assuming and the phone just died and he's got to get to a charger...but I got voicemail. Anyone else think this isn't a single guy? Or is this just my first reaction based on IFKAMH's history? I don't know, and I'm not sure how I'll find out (or if I want to try).

Strike one for "bachelor" number one. Let's see how Navy guy holds up;> I haven't heard back from Eyes yet.

7 comments:

The Seeker said...

He's not single... move on.

The Seeker said...

Did you read deeper than the first post? Just curious...

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

Yes, I did...but it's late, and I really need to get some sleep one night this week;>

I'll be back, although it is probably a very, very bad idea for me to do that considering my current state of mind.

Danielle said...

KEEP IT MILITARY GURL!!!!!! LOL THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT A GUY IN THE MILITARY THAT JSUT DOES IT FOR ME LOL

GA girl said...

he's married. move on.

Johnny said...

Maybe his toilet broke and it was flooding and he had his finger in the plumbing line. :p

Nessa said...

not. worth. your. time. period.