Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I know...it's been forever

It's been a long while since I've posted, and quite a lot has happened. Let's see...

I got a job as a receptionist for an animal hospital. It doesn't pay much but has some potential, and I like the place and the staff and get discounted animal care;>

I will be getting an UNCONTESTED divorce!! My MIL bribed IFKAMH to get the paperwork signed and returned to me. It took about a week's worth of phone calls, faxes, and emails amongst me, my attorney (mostly his paralegal, whom I am now convinced is a completely incompetent idiot), my MIL, my mom, IFKAMH, and a title company near IFKAMH. I now have all the paperwork I need so that our house will now be mine and so I can get a court order for child support. I will probably be going back to court after everything is final and I actually have a place in VA to have the amount of child support reviewed because it is ridiculously low and will end up having me, who makes $6/hour less than IFKAMH, paying well more than half the cost of care for our boys.

My boys caught Roseola from their daycare and had weird little red bumps pop up all over their bodies. They are better, finally, but were house-bound for 3 straight days...which is not something they enjoy, so we had quite a fussy household this past holiday weekend. On top of some fussy, sickly toddlers, my mom, her husband, and I seemed to have caught some of what the boys had even though it is supposed to be extremely rare over the age of 4. We were all puking for a couple days over the weekend. The timing was great for me considering I just started a new job; I started getting sick about an hour after I got off work Saturday afternoon and got better yesterday afternoon.

So, that is the condensed version of past couple weeks of Woo-Woo's life;>

10 comments:

Clint said...

Nice to hear your back and that somethings are going well for you.

Jomama said...

Congrats on all the good news! I was wondering what you have been up to. I fugured you must be really busy.

Sorry about all the sickness. I didn't know Roseola was contagious. Learn something new everyday.

What's with all the damn spammers? Sheesh.

Marit said...

We're all getting attacked by spam!

Glad you're employed, on the road to divorced and feeling better!

Danielle said...

That sounds like a nice place to work, I totally love animals, even being around them in any tyoe of way, you know. Hope the boys fel better. And Woo, don't know much about the divorce but I just hope everything works out smoothly for you.

Skyqueen said...

Hey good to see you back!!

Nessa said...

Roseola sucks!! It's in the same family as chicken pox, so if you don't have an immunity to it, you'll probably be affected. Baby D had it and I freaked out at first (high fevers), but apparently it's really common with babies - whoulda thunk it? Glad you're well!!

Buffalo said...

Glad you're back, kiddo.

Eunice said...

Glad to see you back!! :)

Congrats on the job, and a bigger congrats to getting an uncontested divorce! Glad someone knocked a lick of sense into him, even if it's only temporary.

Hope you and the family start feeling better soon!

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

Looks like those anonymous spammers have found me...I was kinda feelin' left out;>

I have more to write but no time right now...hopefully tonight or tomorrow. Nice to see people were still checking on me;>

monkee.animal said...

Damn girl- good for you. So impressed you got the uncontested divorce. Sweeeeet! You will meet the best people where you work- animal people rock.